A staple in most Australian homes, Bolognese is one of those dishes that brings back childhood memories.
- Just like the real thing but made with plants!
- This version is unique because it’s made entirely with whole ingredients, not a highly processed meat substitute
- Soaked and marinated buckwheat gives the taste and texture of traditional bolognese in a rich Napoli sauce
- Buckwheat is another nutrient powerhouse, high in vitamins, minerals, fibre and amino acids
- Bottled and pasturised, this is a great one to keep in the cupboard
Ingredients: Tomatoes, Buckwheat, Onion, Celery, Carrot, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic, Miso, Shiitake Mushrooms, Parsley, Basil, Tamari, Coconut Liquid Aminos, Worcestershire Sauce, Celtic Sea Salt, Coconut Sugar, Pepper, Smoked Paprika, Chilli, Herbs, Spices
How to Prepare: Warm on medium heat and use as you would your bolognese. This is a very thick sauce so unless you're spreading it on toast, you'll likely need to add a little water. Feel free to add in extras to your taste. Serve with whole grain pasta or plant noodles for increased nutrients, fantastic in a baked potato or on whole grain sourdough toast. If you can’t go without the cheese, choose a well aged parmigiano reggiano or pecorino rather than a pre grated or powdered version of parmesan.
500g - Generous serving for two or more